Estate Planning Attorney
For more than 20 years I’ve dedicated my career to helping families simplify the complex process of estate planning and probate and trust administration. I offer customized experiences to help de-stress what can often be an emotionally taxing (forgive the pun!) process.
I first became fascinated by the complexities of tax law during an internship at the NCAA’s legislative affairs office in DC. This led me to sign up for Marty Ginsburg’s tax class. (Yes, Justice Ginsburg’s husband!) His enthusiasm for the subject matter quickly turned that fascination into a full-blown love affair and I haven’t looked back since.
After graduating from Georgetown University Law Center, I began working in international corporate tax. Although I found it challenging and even fun at times, I never felt like I was making the kind of impact my heart desired. I wanted to make a positive impact in the world, and adding a few cents of profit per share for international companies just wasn’t going to cut it.
By this time, I had moved back to Boston, and continued to work on my LL. M. (Master of Laws) in the evenings, and began taking classes focused on estate tax.
Attending classes and participating in brown bag luncheons hosted by the Boston Bar Association’s Trust and Estate Section introduced me to a friendly community of estate attorneys who made me feel welcome, which solidified my newfound passion.
I also learned that many families who don’t have estate plans — or who don’t have a good estate plan — can easily get torn apart, but it could have been avoided with a well-thought plan in place. I realized this was the way I could make a positive impact on the lives of families.
Fast forward to today and I’m proud to work as an estate tax and planning specialist, an Accredited Estate Planner®, and an AV-rated Martindale Hubbell attorney.
ASSOCIATIONS & ORGANIZATIONS
- American Bar Association
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Estate Planning Basics Plus, former Co-Chair and continuing faculty member
- Boston Bar Association, Communications Committee, Former Co-Chair, Estate Planning Fundamentals Committee, Former Co-Chair
- Boston Probate and Estate Planning Forum
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP) Designation
COMMUNITY & CHARITABLE INVOLVEMENT
- Hockomock Area YMCA, Bernon Family Branch, Franklin, Massachusetts, Board Member, Board of Managers, 2010 – Present
- Franklin Food Pantry volunteer
- Women’s Success Network, Former Steering Committee Member
Use the contact form below to email me directly or, if you prefer, contact me via phone or one of the other methods listed.